Brandenburg is a home rule-class city on the Ohio River in Meade County, Kentucky, in the United States. The city is 46 miles (74 km) southwest of Louisville. It is the seat of its county. The population was 2,643 at the 2010 census. Historical marker noting John Hunt Morgan's activities at Brandenburg Brandenburg was built on a 3,000-acre (12 km2) tract of land called Falling Springs, purchased in 1804 by Solomon Brandenburg. He opened a tavern around which the community grew. In 1825, the community became the seat of Meade County, but it wasn't formally incorporated by the state assembly until March 28, 1872.
Brandenburg Listings Summary